Monday, June 25, 2012

I couldn't resist and bought the book. I know its seems like spoiling myself for the upcoming movie, but I was curious how it was written and after reading the first two chapters did I realize how interesting the movie would be.

My only comment and advise for everyone is that if you plan to buy the book and expecting it to be written like Pride and Prejudice and Zombies or Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters, you might be disappointed with the writing style, or in my opinion, very much relieved that it veered away from lifted literature and created its own fictional alternate history biography of one of America's well known presidents.

The best comparison I can give when comparing the storyline is that its similar to George Lucas' Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire where you get to see what happened behind the scenes that led to The Empire Strikes Back, except that Star Wars was never a factual history, nor that George Lucas (no offense) wrote Shadows in the way he wrote the prequel Trilogy. Although with Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter I would need to brush up with the history of America's Civil War to fully appreciate the scenes and situations that dotted its literary landscape.
 So I'll leave it to you guys to either watch the movie or read the book first, but for now I wont mind spoiling myself on the details of the story, as the book entertaining in itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment